Thursday, July 3, 2008

Rocking Out with the Wii

I have a new addiction!

Wii Rock Band.

Specifically, the drums.

Alright, we don't even own the guitar (yet). The singing is OK. It's essentially the same thing as the American Idol Karaoke I'd bought, but most of the songs are sung by men on Rock Band. It's difficult for it to register my low notes. I've learned to just groan as low as I can into the microphone, and sometimes it gets almost low enough.

I'll still use American Idol for the singing, but I'm all about the drums on Rock Band! I had a learning curve at first. I think I might have rythm up in me, but I didn't know how to express it through drum sticks at first. And stepping on peddles? It was almost too much.

I think I can say I've found my groove though. I played on medium difficulty for the very first time today, and right off the bat, I scored 46,000 on a Weezer song (Say It Ain't So)! It's no five stars, but it beat the pants off of Andrew's 31k score.

When I grow up, I want to be a drummer.

Maybe when Andrew's home, I'll have him take a photo of me on the drums, and I'll add it to this blog.

What about you all? Have you tried Rock Band or Guitar Hero yet?

Ooh, that just reminded me. I should attach that video of Ellen playing Guitar Hero. It's awesome.



No comments: