Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Raspberry-Covered Chocolate Chips

The raspberries keep coming! Now, there are a few, ripe, red raspberries starting on one of our other raspberry bushes.

It's a good thing previous owners planted all of these raspberry plants because I never would have put them in myself. I don't really like raspberries, but I've discovered that black raspberries are pretty good! 

Here was our bounty yesterday afternoon. Mind you, this is after picking all of the ripe ones the evening before. I keep picking them, and the kids gobble them up!


I had a bit of a craving for some chocolate after lunch, so I decided to make a quick dessert snack with the kids. My mother-in-law showed us this, and it's the perfect "recipe" for kids to help with. All you do is take a chocolate chip (we used dark chocolate) and stick it in the opening of the berry. It's super easy & quick, sweet & delicious.


No comments: