Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Babies vs. Young Adults

Some aspects of my personality have changed since becoming a mom. One of the things I've noted is that I no longer find it cute when young adults partake in children's activities without kids. That is to say, many teenagers and young adults find it cute to do things like throw birthday parties at places like Chuck E Cheese or Casa Bonita, or go out trick-or-treating (sans kids). It used to not bother me, and I'd never given it a second thought. Now, it just seems silly, childish, and not the least bit cute. So many people resist growing up. Having an adult birthday party at Chuck E Cheese is not a way to appear youthful; it's a way to appear idiotic and a little creepy.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Please tell me this is not true...I seriously do not and CANNOT believe this.

Yuck.

whirledpeas1129 said...

It is true! I feel safe saying this (because I'm almost completely certain he doesn't read my blog), but I was looking at a friend's Facebook page. He's 3 years older than me, so he's 30, and he was at a birthday party for a friend at Casa Bonita. Casa Bonita is a local restaurant/entertainment place where schools go on field trips and where children have birthday parties. There were no children involved, and I just thought it was so weird and creepy. If I'd had my son there and saw a group of adults having their own birthday party, I would have been avoiding them like the plague.