Monday, January 31, 2011

Ahh, Date Night

Andrew and I got to enjoy a date night yesterday. His parents watched Oliver for a couple of hours while we spent some time together downtown. Our original plan had been to picnic at Daniel's Park, but the 50 degree weather just didn't scream, "Picnic!"

After enjoying a quiet drive to Denver, we decided to hit up a vegetarian restaurant called the Watercourse. We arrived only to discover that they were closed for their annual holiday party. Boo! I suggested Steve's Snappin' Dogs (down on Colfax), which has always been a favorite of mine (and they're cheap!).

I got a vegetarian Chicago-style dog (a vegetarian dog on a bun with mustard, relish, red onion and a pickle) with a Bud Light, and Andrew got a vegetarian Chicago-style dog with a side of onion rings & fries. It cost $8! The conversation was light and fun. I don't even remember what we talked about, but the time flew by. They started to clean for closing, so we hopped back in the car and went downtown. I've always wanted to try Pinkberry frozen yogurt (everyone has raved about it), so we decided to give it a go. The people were so friendly and insisted we try all their flavors (I'm not usually a sample person, but it was fun!), and I settled on an original/blood orange swirl. I topped it with tiny scoops of mixed nuts, dark chocolate, and chocolate shavings. Andrew chose chocolate with raspberries and a praline topping. We wasted no time devouring our yogurt. It was so good that the $10 we spent seemed worth every penny!

I enjoy spending time with my family so much, but getting time alone with my husband really makes everything worth while. He's the sweetest, nicest, most patient, funny man in the world. I feel so lucky and happy that he's my husband! Thanks for the great night out, Sweet Heart!

No comments: