Saturday, January 8, 2011

Potty Training Milestone?

While eating his breakfast of chopped bananas this morning, Oliver started pointing down and waving to his potty, saying, "More!" I asked him if he'd like to sit on his potty. Then, I got him undressed and put on the potty. I went to get him his "choco chips," and when I came back, he'd piddled! I was so excited. I told him what a good boy he is, gave him "three!" choco chips, and then let him watch me as I flushed it down the toilet.

Of course, who knows, he could have been pointing to the potty because he wanted videos or choco chips. It'll take another time or two to know if he understands the concept, but it's so exciting that he might! Now I wonder if I ought to figure out a way to bring his pot with us on vacation... that might be too much of a challenge, but I'd hate to take a big step backward.

No comments: