Tuesday, April 2, 2013

National Peanut Butter & Jelly Day

It's national Peanut Butter & Jelly Day! Is there anything more American than a peanut butter & jelly sandwich? I don't think so. In fact, I'm pretty sure this American staple is considered weird in some other parts of the world. On Wikipedia, I read the average American will have eaten 2,500 peanut butter & jelly sandwiches before graduating high school! That's over 130 sandwiches per year for 18 years. Yup, we like them that much.

My kids are no different! They love their peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and they have a PBJ for lunch about 3 times a week. Here's Jo pictured with her diced sandwich after nap time.
                                                                              



Oliver is a big fan of PBJ Day.


Want to make your own peanut butter? Oliver can show you how!
http://becky-shattuck.blogspot.com/2012/11/olivers-cooking-show-peanut-butter.html

Since I'm posting pictures from this afternoon anyway, I am thrilled to show off Joanna's very first pigtails.

No comments: