We have performed a number of science projects that are just perfect for curious little kids! Try these out for yourself, or give them a read to get your creative juices flowing. Please let me know how they work for you, and share any kid-friendly experiments that your little ones love!
Super Simple Experiments:
- Melt ice cubes to learn about states of matter. Oliver learned that ice is just water that turned solid in the cold freezer!
Vinegar and Baking Soda Experiments:
- Let your child pour vinegar into baking soda. Oliver got to observe what happens when you mix an acid and a base! I let him use an egg beater so the fun lasted longer.
- Volcano Easter Eggs. My mother-in-law found this idea online. We got to do an acid-base reaction while dyeing our eggs!
- Vinegar-Baking Soda Color Explosion. A pan full of baking soda. A squeeze bottle full of colorful vinegar. Need I say more?
Messy Play (and Learn!):
- Non-Newtonian Fluid. A simple mixture of cornstarch and water doesn't act like a typical liquid. You have to try this for yourself!