Monday, February 6, 2012

Pinterest Challenge Day 6: Frame Magnets

Parents, I highly recommend taking the time to do this pin:
http://pinterest.com/pin/216383957066043765/

It's fairly easy to do, it looks nice, and even my two year old loved seeing his artwork displayed.

First, you need three frames. I think it looks best if they're the same size, but you can mix it up, if that's more your style. I bought mine from the dollar store for (you guessed it) a buck a piece.

Discard or upcycle the glass and backing of the frames. Then, you can just spray paint them white and be done with this step. I didn't have spray paint, but I did have primer and interior paint already, so I decided to use what I had on hand to save money. So, I primed them:

The next day, I painted them. You can see the finished paint job at the bottom of this post. To be honest, I didn't fuss very much with this. I just kind of slapped it on and decided it was good enough!

I set the frames aside and forgot about them for nearly a week until today, when I needed to complete a pin for this Pinterest Challenge. This challenge is really helping me see projects through to the end! Today, I used a hot glue gun to glue a magnet to each corner of each frame. I'm sure you can use any strong glue you have on hand. If you chose heavy frames, you'll want to use strong magnets, too.

Here's a blurry photo of one of the magnets I used:

I waited a few minutes to let them dry, and I got Oliver set up with paper and crayons in the mean time. When he was done, I told him we'd hang his picture up on the fridge. He loved it!

Here are a couple more photos of the final project:


No comments: