Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Treehouse Discovery

Yesterday, I took the kids to Treehouse Discovery in Highlands Ranch for a MOMS Club meet-up. The place is a little on the pricey side ($10/kid/day) unless you decide to invest in a membership ($60) to go all the time.

I was very pleased with the place. It's only for children 8 and younger, but the oldest child there was probably 5. There are wooden play sets for kids to climb and slide. There are also little scooters to ride around, tons of various toys and puzzles, and a costume dress-up area. There was very little plastic. Although there was a TV for parents to watch, the sound was off. I loved how bright and simple it was. By that, I mean it wasn't obnoxious at all, like one might expect from a kids' place (think: Chuck E Cheese).

I don't think I'll be making the drive there in the summer months, when I can just as easily go to a nearby park for free. I think it would be a great regular destination for the winter, though!

They also offer some classes. I'm very interested in taking Oliver to Chinese Storytime. It's for kids ages 1-5, and it's designed to get children exposed to the sounds of Mandarin Chinese. The cost is $15/session, but if you pay for the class, you get to play on the equipment afterwards for free.

Here are a few snapshots of our morning there:

No comments: