Friday, March 23, 2012

We Won!

I just had to share my excitement because I can think of almost nothing else:
My husband and I each won tickets to the UK! We can fly anywhere, anytime this year.

I am
so excited because a trip like this is something we wouldn't be able to afford to do on our own.
It is a little bittersweet, though, because I cannot even fathom leaving my kids for multiple days. I just keep reminding myself that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and the kids will be in good hands with their grandparents. Urg, it's pulling at my heartstrings. Part of me wants to fork out the $1,000 we don't have to take the kids with us (Jo would be free, but Oliver wouldn't). It just seems silly to spend so much money to subject the kids to 14 hours of travel each way, only to drag them along on castle tours and what not.

I'm so excited. I'm so excited. But how am I going to leave my babies?

No comments: