Saturday, March 9, 2013

Diaper Wreath & Knit Booties


I spotted a cute "diaper wreath" on Pinterest, but it was only available for ordering. Since I had leftover diapers from the diaper cake, I wanted to make one myself. Here's how I did it:

Step 1: Take a wire hanger and bent it into the shape of a wreath.


Step 2: I took an extra receiving cloth that I had (also leftover from the diaper cake), folded in half into a triangle, and then rolled it up around the hanger to give it padding. You could tightly roll diapers around the wreath for padding if you'd prefer.

Step 3: Open each diaper and insert the wreath into the opening. Secure the top of each diaper with a rubber band, like so:

Here's what mine looked like after tying on each diaper. I used nineteen size 1 diapers.

Step 4: Tie ribbon over each rubber band and curl it. I think the orange ribbon on the original pin was very cute, but I only had baby colors available.


Step 5: Using extra ribbon, tie on any extra goodies you want to include on your wreath. I included some outlet safety covers, two pairs of booties that I made, a teething toy, a pacifier, and some hair bows.


Here are close-ups of the booties I made (also a Pinterest find, which you can view here).

2 comments:

colleen.shattuck said...

Becky this is darling, and the booties are so cute too! If we get another girl in the family, you have to make some for the new baby girl!

whirledpeas1129 said...

Thank you! I will! They don't take very long to make.