Saturday, July 17, 2010

Oliver's a Mischievous Little Man




We took Oliver to the grocery this evening. I grabbed a box of Cheerios, and I showed it to Oliver. He recognized the bright yellow cereal box and started kicking his feet in excitement. I set it in the cart behind him. He stretched and twisted trying to get at it, and finally started to cry. I was able to soothe him pretty quickly.

We got home, and as a reward for being patient, I let him have the box of Cheerios. Less than a minute later, he gnawed a hole in it, so I had to take it away.

I took him to the kitchen to play while I put the groceries away. I gave him a baby spoon. After a few minutes, he slid it under the fridge. I took a lot of work, but I retrieved it and gave it back to him. He slid it back under the fridge. He did it three more times before I finally decided he was going to keep doing it over and over (yes, it took five times for me to decide this).

I moved him a few feet away, and, within a few seconds, he slid it under the washing machine! There it remains.

No comments: