Monday, December 6, 2010

Deck the Halls

Although we are wasteful just like (almost) all families, Andrew and I do our best to use what we have and to waste as little as possible. This week, we've been having fun with clementines. I bought a big box of them just before Thanksgiving because they were on sale and I had a coupon. Oliver loves them, and so do we. Still, it's hard for a family of three to eat a five pound box of clementines before they go bad!

One of the things we did this weekend was make a natural air freshener. I grabbed the leftover cloves that I'd bought (on sale!) at Safeway for the cider for Oliver's birthday party. Then, I jammed those in one of the clementines and set it in our bathroom. Now, it smells like oranges and cloves!

I love the smell, and it seems festive for the holidays. It's natural and not overpowering (I hate sprays!). In fact, I doubt it would work in a larger room (our bathroom is one of those closet bathrooms). I hope you enjoy this little tip!

No comments: