Monday, November 3, 2008

Chatfield Reservoir

Yesterday afternoon was the perfect time for a run. It was about 60 degrees out, but the sun was covered by clouds and there was no wind.

My mom and I went to the Chatfield Reservoir for a little run, just to check out the trails for our big 10 mile race taking place on the 15th. It's a beautiful place to jog (although I wouldn't want to go by myself, ever. It's very forested, and there are very few people out in the wooded trails). Some parts were wide enough for two people, but mostly, the trails were meant for one person.

We ran, single file, over leaves and around fallen trees. At one point, when the sun just dipped below the mountains, we saw a doe about 15 feet from us. It's the closest I've ever come to a deer before! It watched us as we ran, and then I looked over in the other direction. There, a deer with long, elegant antlers was hoping away! Literally, prancing. It was so beautiful!

Mom and I only ran about two and a half miles or so (she had already run 6 that morning, and the sun was starting to set), but I had a grand time. I'm starting to get a little more excited than nervous about our upcoming run.

No comments: