Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Back to Reality

I spent a long weekend on the East Coast. My cousin had her wedding in New Jersey. We have a very large family on my mom's side, and it's impossible to go to everyone's weddings and graduations and even funerals. We do our best to go when we can, but it was especially important to me to make this trip. I had enough miles with Frontier to go. My ever-generous parents were planning on attending, too, and so they let me ride along in their rental car and even stay in their hotel room for free. How many people get to spend a weekend on the East Coast for next to nothing? I feel incredibly lucky.

Andrew and his parents watched the kiddos while I was away. I missed their faces and their cute quirks, but I was also able to enjoy my time with virtually no responsibilities. It was pretty amazing not having to worry about where the kids were at all times, if they were OK, if they were getting into mischief, if they were hungry or needed a diaper or needed to use the potty. I wouldn't have been happy without them for a long period, but three days was nice.

It's good to be back home with them, but it's also hard getting back into the swing of things. When I get back from vacation, I become such a procrastinator for a few days.

If you enjoy reading about travel or want information on some places to go or things to see, you can find my travel blog entries from our trip here: http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/WhirledPeas/Trips/22359. I think the best travel tip in there includes our 1-2 hour stop in New York City. If you are ever passing through New York and need to know what to do with a bit of time on your hands, definitely check it out!

I do my best to keep that blog separate from this one. Whereas this blog is all about my family life, my kids, and my projects--something for my kids to look back on one day--that blog is typically about what to see and do as well as my critiques of places I go to eat or tour. So, not shown in that travel blog are most of the pictures of my family (unless it's kind of relevant to the travel). Here are a few snapshots of my loved ones (as you can see, there were little ones for me to hold and play with when I needed a mommy fix):



One of my many beautiful cousins pictured above is going to be throwing a birthday party in Iowa this summer. I'm considering driving up with the kids by myself (eek!). My husband thinks I'm crazy, but I don't think it will be that bad. Right?

No comments: