Wednesday, July 6, 2011

100 (Attempted) Ways to Entertain a Young Toddler, Day 8: Pillow Pile

I was changing the sheets on the bed, and Oliver climbed up. He was getting in the way, so I started teasing him and tossed a pillow on him. He found it so funny. Pretty soon, I found myself tossing pillows on him and cheering him on as he crawled out from underneath. Oliver would proudly declare, "Out!" when he escaped. As soon as he was out, he'd lay down for me to toss more pillows on him.
An hour later, I took him back upstairs (this time with my camera) to play the game again. Oliver had just as much fun the second time! We had a good twenty minutes of giggles and fun. It was fun for me, too!



This activity gets an A+, without a doubt. There are certain things a parent has to be aware of while playing the game. For example, be aware of the edges of the bed at all times. Also, don't put too many pillows on your little one, especially not over their head. I tried to keep an air hole at all times, but Oliver got out of the pillows so quickly that it probably didn't matter. I never used more than three pillows, either. Really, though, it was a ton of fun, and I was glad to see him finally get so much enjoyment out of one of our activities! So much fun and completely free.... A+!

No comments: