Friday, July 8, 2011

100 (Attempted) Ways to Entertain a Young Toddler, Day 10: Stop!

Today's activity, I also got from The Toddler's Busy Book. Oliver was getting fussy, so I busted out the book for an idea (I'd previously dog-eared all the activities I'd wanted to try). I decided to play, Stop!

I grabbed Oliver's hands and started walking in a circle. I was surprised when he followed me right away. I said, "Round and round and round we go. Round and round and---STOP!" We stopped moving. He realized it was a game immediately and started cracking up. I did it again and again. Sometimes, we'd go a fairly long time (for him), and other times I'd yell, "stop!" quickly. He laughed every time.
I set up my camera to take a timed shot of us spinning. He got more interested in the camera than the game, and then didn't feel like playing the game anymore. Until I messed it up, though, he was having a good time with it. We probably played for about five minutes, but we were both dizzy almost right away. Eventually, as he gets the hang of it, I might have us dance or something instead. In spite of the dizziness, I give the activity an A because it was a lot of fun, interactive, and completely free!

No comments: