Wednesday, July 13, 2011

100 (Attempted) Ways to Entertain a Young Toddler, Day 15: Pop Cheeks

When we were little, my mom would make squirrel cheeks by puffing them out with air. We would run up to her and slap the sides of her cheeks to squeeze the air out with a loud, "PBBBFFTTT!" We thought it was hilarious, and I remember us playing it until we got too strong and started to hurt her.

Today, Oliver was enjoying naming all the parts of the face. He's been doing that since probably December, but he still loves it. It occurred to me that I should puff out my cheeks for "cheekies." I helped Oliver "pop" my cheeks the first time, and he laughed. I puffed them out again and again, and he had fits of laughter as he popped my cheeks. I decided it was a good game to add to my blog, so I grabbed my camera. He enjoyed the activity for a few more rounds but then went on to something new.


Not only is this game free, but it requires no toys. It'll be easy for us to play when he gets antsy, like waiting in line at the grocery store. I don't think it will ever keep his attention for a long period of time, but it's a new twist to put on a standard game. I give it a B.

No comments: