Saturday, October 22, 2011

Back to the Patch 2011

Andrew and I took Oliver back to the patch today, this time to pick out a pumpkin!  The pumpkin patch we go to is at Bear Creek Church in Lakewood, and the money benefits Bear Creek High school.

A woman and her teenage daughter were running the stand today, and, I'm telling you, that girl has a future as a used car salesman! She kept cornering me to discuss which pumpkin we were going to purchase, preventing me from spending time with Andrew and Oliver and from taking the pictures I'd hoped to capture. A few times, I thought I successfully ditched her, but she'd pop up again to remind me that she can hold a pumpkin for me while we continue looking. What a nightmare! I wish I was a more assertive person so I could have just said, "Thanks for your assistance, but we've got it from here. I'm going to take some more photos, and then we'll choose our pumpkin." Oh well. We'll get a family shot at the patch next year!


No comments: