Ingestion and overdose of medication and supplements is now the number one cause of death in children, surpassing car accidents. The Drug and Poison Information Center in Cincinnati created a test to see how well children can tell medicines apart from candy. They tested kindergartners, and they scored an average of 71%. The medications they were most likely to mistake for candy were Tums, Mylanta, and cold & sinus medications like Coricidin and Sine-Off.
You can access the study at this link, and you can take the test for yourself. I scored an 87%. How does your score measure up?