Monday, March 22, 2010

Our Little Steam Roller

Oliver is officially sleeping on his belly every night. I lay him down on his back, and he flips over almost immediately. Most of the time, it's actually helping him sleep longer! Last night, for example, he slept from 8pm to 7am, getting up only once at 2am. Hurray!

Sometimes, though, he rolls and scoots too much. He'll get his face pressed up against the bars and start crying for us to come rescue him. He'll get better at it, though!

I get a little nervous with him sleeping on his belly because of SIDS. I read that a baby can choose his/her sleeping position once he's strong enough to roll over, but it still makes me nervous. I'm sure he'll be fine. I mean, he's a strong baby! But, still, I'll feel better when he's six months old and really out of the risky age for SIDS.

No comments: