Sunday, January 2, 2011

Night Out with Andrew

Andrew and I are so lucky to both have parents who want to help us and want to spend time with Oliver. Last night, we stayed at the Grand Hyatt, and even had our valet parking paid for, all courtesy of my dad. Andrew's mom, Colleen, stayed at our house to watch Oliver (he doesn't sleep well at other people's homes). It was our first night away from Oliver, and he did well. He didn't sleep his usual 7pm - 5am. Instead, he slept 7:30pm - 4am, but then he went back down to bed from 5am -7:30am.

Andrew and I went and saw Little Fockers with a movie gift card Andrew earned from work. While not as good as the first movie in the series, or even the second, it was funny, and we laughed a lot. After Little Fockers, we went out to eat at the Olive Garden. It was nice to eat a meal without having my hands in it (I always have my hands in my food as I break off little pieces to give to Oliver)! It was also nice to have a good, uninterrupted conversation with my husband. I swear, every time we get the chance to go out together, I think, "We need to do this more often!" And we do.

The Grand Hyatt was beautiful. We stayed on the Club Level, and the rooms were newly renovated and gorgeous. Andrew especially enjoyed the shower, which had two shower heads (one where you'd expect as well as one on the ceiling. They converged, leaving you feeling like you're standing in a warm rain storm). We were too late to enjoy the evening snacks, but in the morning, we got to eat in the Club for breakfast. They had numerous types of delicious, fresh fruit. I was delighted that their fruit didn't include cantelope and melon. Instead, it was fresh pineapple, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, apples, bananas, pears, and dried fruits and granola for cereal and oatmeal, including apricots, cranberries and blueberries. I'm a fruit lover, so I was in heaven. I ate mostly fruit while Andrew enjoyed a bagel that came complete with one of those miniature glass jars of preserves. Oh, I forgot to mention that they also had a latte machine! I stuck to the coffee, though.

I planned on taking photos of our night out, but, unfortunately, my camera batteries died after about two photos. Oh, well! It's a night I'll always remember.

No comments: