Sunday, November 4, 2012

Turkey Season!

It's November already! We're two and a half weeks out from Thanksgiving. I can hardly believe it.

Last year, I picked up a little wooden turkey from Joann Fabrics for $1. They keep a $1 section by their registers. Oliver wasn't into coloring at the time, so I saved it for this year. Even if this exact turkey isn't available, they likely have others. Oliver's gotten wooden fish and other projects like these as gifts.

They come with marks and a little stand. I just had to uncap the markers and put Oliver to work. He got a little more into coloring it when I told him what to color, like, "Color the nose!" 



And now we have a turkey for the centerpiece of our table.

Oliver kept telling me he was going to eat the turkey. I told him he had to wait until Thanksgiving.

No comments: