Sunday, January 27, 2013

First Birthday Party at Lollipop Park

A good friend of mine from high school threw her son a first birthday party at Lollipop Park. I'd never even heard of it before! It's a play area for kids under 10, and it's located within the Family Sports Center in Centennial, Colorado. They have a bouncy castle, a train, and swings, which kids ride by themselves. Parents can accompany kids on other rides, like the tea cups, Ferris wheel, and merry-go-round. My husband took the kids on those rides so I could socialize with my friends. We all had a great time!

Oliver is really into trains these days. He was very excited to get on this one, until we realized we weren't getting on with him. I talked him through it, and he finally boarded the train. He basically was expressionless on the train, and I'm sure it looked to everyone else that we forced him to sit on a stupid ride that went around in circles. I could tell he was having a really good time, though. In fact, he had such a good time that he spent the rest of the day at home moping because he wanted to ride the train some more.



Fun-house mirrors:

My favorite clowns:


Andrew and the kids on the teacup ride:

Andrew and the kids on the hot air balloon Ferris wheel:

Oliver on the bus:

Oliver sat with the other kids at the party! I was so proud of him. He was silent the whole time and just ate his pizza, but I think he was happy sitting with the other kids.

M.I.C.K.E.Y....


The birthday boy!

 My friends and me:

It's kind of nice having some friends with kids! We got to hang out while watching our kids go crazy on the rides. And, as you might be able to tell from the photo, another very dear friend of mine is expecting a child now, too!

The party was so much fun. I loved seeing Oliver participate in a birthday party like a big kid. It amazes me how he's able to do things on his own without us now (like, apparently, go on rides!). We had a wonderful time. Thanks, Nicole!

1 comment:

benilhalk said...

First birthdays are truly special for kids and of course their parents. My daughter is turning four next month and wants to celebrate the day with my closed ones. Looking for event space NYC online for a mini tea party. Snacks and drinks with yummy desserts will be ordered. Hunting for a famous baker also for designer cake.