Sunday, September 2, 2012

100 (Attempted) Ways to Entertain a Young Toddler, Day 82: Water Bombs


Our last water balloon activity completely bombed. Oliver still wanted to play with water balloons, so I filled another dozen or so and took him out front. I told him to throw the balloons. As soon as he threw the first one and watched it explode all over the sidewalk, he was hooked.



Some of the fun in action:
         

The activity only lasted a couple minutes. Oliver was a little water balloon machine gun. After he threw the last one, he cleaned up the busted balloons, and we went inside to do some rock painting.


Oliver loved this activity. It was so simple, too! Ultimately, my only big problem with this activity was that it took me about 10 minutes to get it ready, and it was over within a minute. I hate when cleanup takes longer than the fun. I know we'll definitely do this again, but I think I'll do it on a weekend when Andrew can watch the kids so I can fill a ton of balloons all at once. I give "Water Bombs" a B+ as a toddler activity.

No comments: