Wednesday, December 19, 2012

100 (Attempted) Ways to Entertain a Young Toddler, Day 87: Tape


This might be a good activity for some stay-at-home parents this week. If you need to get wrapping done, give your toddler some tape to play with! Just be sure to supervise your child at all times with the tape so your child doesn't stick it in his/her mouth. If it gets caught in the back of the mouth or throat, they might not be able to get air. So, close supervision for this activity, please!

I was wrapping some packages, and both of my kids were being cranky. I didn't want to stop in the middle of a gift, so I stuck a long piece of tape on each of their hands. It did the trick!


Jo kept herself happily occupied with the tape for about five minutes--not an eternity, but enough time for me to finish wrapping. I think Oliver was mostly interested in the tape because Jo was. He stuck it to her jammies a few times to see what would happen. Jo crinkled it and stuck pieces to various toys.

It was so simple! I think it was fun because of the novelty. It's a trick I'll certainly use whenever I happen to be wrapping a gift. I give it a B grade.
Also, if your child is old enough to enjoy coloring and stickers, check out this old activity to get your child involved in wrapping with you.

No comments: