Friday, July 19, 2013

Spider versus Mom versus 3 year old. The 3 year old wins.

A big, ugly spider started crawling up my leg while I sat holding Jo. I started freaking out and shrieking. I used my hand and flung the spider down onto the carpet and THEN plopped Jo on the ground instead of the other way around. I put Jo right on the spider! So I picked her back up, only the spider wasn't on the ground any more. !!! So I plopped her back on the ground, only on her belly to find the spider. Found it! I grabbed her fox and used it to frantically brush the spider off Jo, and then I grabbed a box to smash it!

Jo was hysterical by the time the ordeal was over. I held her and rocked her. Oliver walked up to me and said, "Mom, I want you to listen. I don't want you to yell at bugs. And don't hurt Jo when there is a big bug."

...my 3 year old is more mature than me.

1 comment:

Elsa said...

This post made me laugh outloud! Next time, Dearest, just smash it on your leg. ;)