Monday, March 12, 2012

Tag! 11 Things

Here are a few rules to the game:

- Post these rules
- Post a photo and eleven random things about yourself
- Answer the questions provided by the one who tagged you
- Create eleven new questions for the people you tag
- Contact those you choose and let them know they've been tagged

I was tagged by my friend Sam from The Peanuts Gang.

A Photo of Me Today:
Eleven Random Things:

* I sing all the time, even though I'm bad at it. I make up songs as I play with my kids, I sing real songs but change the words to make them funny, and I sing songs as they're actually written. In public, I don't sing, but I do hum.

* I love numbers. I taught myself simple addition before I started school by reading my brother's homework. Math has always come very easy to me.

* I never spend more than 15 minutes to get ready for anything (minus shower time). Usually, I just spend five minutes to brush my teeth and put on mascara. If my hair doesn't dry in a good style on its own, I just stick it in a pony or weave it into a quick braid.

* My husband and I basically never fight. We've been together for over nine years, and I've never even heard him raise his voice.

* I hate telephones. The sound of them ringing stresses me out. I have a cell for emergencies, and I keep it off, sometimes going weeks without turning it on. I have the ringers of our home phones turned off, too, so the only way I know if someone is calling is if I happen to see a phone light up. Usually, I don't answer and just let it go to the machine.

* I smile most of the time. I'm a happy person, but I smile even when I'm not happy. I'm smiling as I write this.

* I'm one of the most opinionated people I know, but, to be fair to myself, I'm not afraid to change my opinions, and I genuinely try to understand other people's point-of-view.

* I don't believe in a higher power, but I do believe that people are mostly the same and mostly good.

* I wish I got to see my brother and sister more often.

* My proudest accomplishment is the half marathon that I ran with my mom in 2009. I didn't run the whole thing, but I did run the first 8 miles straight.

* I really dislike clutter and stuff on the counters and tables.

Sam asked these questions:

1) If you could bring back one television show, what would it be? Hmm. Maybe Mary Tyler Moore or Roseanne.

2) How many books have you read since January? None. While I enjoy reading, I haven't read since the birth of my second child in November.

3)
What’s your favorite go-to dinner? I'd have to say penne primavera. It's easy, healthy, and delicious.

4) Where is the coolest place you’ve ever visited? Definitely Belize. I've traveled a lot, but that was the most unique, fun, and romantic.

5) Have you ever been out of the country? If so, where? Yes, my international travels include Canada, Mexico, The Bahamas, Belize, Guatemala, Germany, The Czech Republic, Italy, and Austria.

6) If you could only shop at one store for the rest of your life, what would it be? I don't really like shopping much, but I like that I can get everything I need at Target, so I'll say Target.

7) If you were throwing a kid-themed party for yourself, what kind of theme would you have? Probably a Wizard of Oz party theme. I adored that movie as a little girl, and it would still suit me today.

8) How many pairs of shoes do you own? Four. I have two pairs of running shoes, one of which I wear most of the time (Seinfeld style). I have a pair of slip-on sneakers for warmer weather, and a pair of snow boots. I'll probably buy a pair of flip-flops soon for our upcoming beach trip, as my last pair broke.

9)
You are on the internet – what’s the first site you type in? All my regular sites are on my bookmarks bar, but I typically open Gmail, Facebook, and Reddit when I go online.

10)
Which professional sport has the cutest athletes? I have no idea--maybe football, but I don't really watch football.

11) What’s a goal you have for this year? I want to get our popcorn ceilings scraped and painted.

My Questions...

1) What Disney movie makes you think of your childhood?
2) What's your favorite national park?
3) You join a book club. What book do you recommend the group reads?
4) What's your favorite US state to travel to?
5) Someone comes to visit you from out of town. Where do you take them to eat?
6) If you won $4 million in the Lottery, would you still work?
7) What Olympic sport is your favorite to watch in the summer? Winter?
8) What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
9) Do you enjoy cooking? How often do you cook?
10) Did you ever imagine yourself where you are today?
11) What's your proudest accomplishment?

Tag! You’re it!

Itayi from Tawana
Patti from Play Adventures
Meghan from Klassens
Lisa from Lisa Kitto Photography
Megan from Miami
Sammi from Sammi's Blog of Life
Laurie at Photog Manifesto
Kelly at Beautiful Life
Linda at Linda's Eye View
Andy at The Clumsy Tuba
Raymond from Raymond's Kitchen

No comments: