Thursday, February 25, 2010

Oliver Exercises at 5am

Oliver started sleeping unswaddled on Friday. By the end of the weekend, every time I'd go to his crib, he'd be sleeping in a different position. His head would be where his feet were, or he'd be 90 degrees from where I'd left him with his legs hanging through the crib bars. It's weird just seeing the end product of a lot of work from my little man.

Today, I caught him in action.

It was 5:30am. I woke up to grunting sounds coming from Oliver's room. I laid there a while, waiting for the grunts to start transitioning into cries. After about fifteen minutes, he still sounded OK. I got up to peek at him.

Oliver was practicing trying to roll over! I watched as he rolled his legs up to his chest and flung himself to the side. He didn't get over the shoulder hump, but he'd fall back down, he'd move a bit. He did this again and again, with me cheering him on from the side of the crib.

It won't be long until I come in and find him on his tummy!


No comments: