Friday, October 5, 2012

Pinterest Find! Halloween Footprint Dish

I found the cutest painted plate on Pinterest. Here's the pin, if you're interested in repinning:
http://pinterest.com/pin/216383957067061530/

Last month, one of those deal sites offered a half-off voucher for a local paint-your-own-pottery place. I printed out a copy of the plate and went there with some friends. The woman there helped me stamp Jo's feet onto the plate, and then I painted the rest of the plate just like in the pinned photo. I wasn't sure how well it would turn out, but it was fantastic!

Here's my plate before firing:


And here's the finished product:

I love it! I swear, Pinterest is the best resource for craft ideas. I'm going to try to get back to the pottery place sometime soon to paint a Thanksgiving plate with my son's hand print. I'll paint it into a turkey!

2 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

This is adorable! Just discovered your blog via Pinterest (someone posted your paint the pumpkin) and I've been having lots of fun reading your ideas.

whirledpeas1129 said...

Thank you very much! I don't know about you, but I'm addicted to Pinterest.