Thursday, April 17, 2008

Oh crap. What have I done?

Oh, crap. Crap, crap, and doubledy crap.

Sometimes, I get excited about things and just jump right in. I guess there's no turning back now.

I was wrong about the registration date for the Disney World half marathon in January. Turns out, it opened last September for 2009. I was so disappointed when I saw that it was full.

And then, a single sentence caught my eye: Please visit the groups and charities page for any remaining entries into the 2009 half marathon.

So, you're saying there's a chance!

I went to all the participating charities' websites. Most didn't contain any information on the half marathon at all. Some did, but you had to commit to raising various amounts to register with them ($1,200 for one, $2,000 for another). So I checked out the group registration at the travel agencies listed...

...and, well, now we're registered.

Ohmigod, I'm registered for a half marathon. What am I going to do? And now I have to tell my mom she's registered, too. I wonder how she'll take that news?

My dad said he'd go and cheer us on from the beer garden at Epcot. It'll be his birthday. What a guy!

1 comment:

Duncan Wild said...

If the movies have taught us anything, finishing this half marathon will yield you a second chance with your estranged girlfriend and help you to get motivated to finally face your Disneyworld problems HEAD ON!