Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tuesday Run

Today, I did 1.5 miles on the treadmill. I feel really good, because I know I could have definitely gone longer. My mom bought me these really nice new running shoes that seem to help my knees. However, I definitely need to break them in. At about the one mile mark, my two big toes started going numb, so I think the shoes might be just slightly too narrow. I'll run in them a mile at a time for a while to get them broken in a bit more.

I walked the first .05 miles and the last .05 miles today at a minute a piece. So, although I did 1.5 miles in 18.5 minutes, I ran 1.4 miles at 16.5 minutes... I'm under the 12 minute mile mark!

Hurray for the accomplishment there. I'm thinking I might be able to hit my highest goal of 40 minutes at the Cherry Creek Sneak. That would be awesome!

Less than a week away!

P.S. Macy's still sucks ;-)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't realize you have a blog, Becky! Thanks for the comments on mine. Good luck with the running! :-)