Wednesday, August 17, 2011

100 (Attempted) Ways to Entertain a Young Toddler, Day 34: Bubble Wrap

For a few weeks now, whenever I'm at a grocery store, I've been keeping my eyes peeled for canned pumpkin. There are no shelves stocked anywhere I've been. For those not in the pumpkin know, there's been a shortage over the last couple years, and it stinks. I finally decided that I wasn't going to mess with waiting and hoping, so I went online to Amazon.com and ordered four cans. Easy, peasy.

The pumpkin arrived today. Guess what? They sent me five cans! Score! The cans were wrapped in bubble wrap, which gave me a great idea. Anyone who's ever been a kid knows where I'm going with this. I put it on the ground and demonstrated to Oliver how to step and jump on it to create marvelous pop noises.

Thankfully, he wasn't afraid and was quite interested. He was still his timid self, though, and preferred to poke at the wrap instead of walking all over it. Here are a few photos of Oliver's fun with the pumpkin and the bubble wrap:

Hours later, I caught him tentatively walking on it. He wasn't heavy enough to pop the bubbles.

I think bubble wrap is something I'll do with Oliver whenever we get some. He liked it, and he was interested, but he didn't go crazy jumping and stomping on it as I'd hoped. He just kind of poked at it. I give this activity a C- because it has potential, and I know he'll eventually learn to love it.

No comments: