Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pro Flyer

At nearly nine months old, Oliver continues to show off his skills at flying on airplanes. On the way to Chicago, I swear, the kid didn't make a peep. He had fun playing and cooing at the other passengers on the plane. I can't tell you how many of them stopped to tell me what a wonderful, happy baby he is. There was even turbulence! Other babies and young kids were scared (as could be expected) and screaming, but I was able to keep Oliver calm and occupied.

On the way back to Denver, Oliver fussed a bit before takeoff and just before landing, but it was nothing people would complain about. My parents and I were able to calm him easily and distract him until we were home.

Our next flight is in January, and it's a long one (all day to St. Thomas). I'm nervous about flying with a one year old then, but if there's one thing I've learned about Oliver, it's that he always amazes me!

No comments: