Thursday, July 8, 2010

Support Group

I am a lucky person!

Yesterday, I continued to feel worse and worse. A little before noon, I called Andrew to see if he could come home because I wasn't able to hold Oliver. I was so weak! Anyway, I felt terrible asking him to come home because he had just returned from vacation and had a back log of work. I knew he needed to catch up, but he told me not to worry. He came home to help, and he assured me his boss was very understanding. I'm so grateful.

Oliver took a nap at noon, and I crawled into bed. I basically slept from noon to 6am, getting up only to nurse Oliver when Andrew brought him to me.

At 6am, when Oliver got up for the day, I tried to go to his room to let Andrew sleep. I felt so sick to my stomach just from walking across the hall. I got Oliver out of his crib and laid him on the floor next to me. The little guy was so disturbed by this that he started screaming, thus waking Andrew up. Doh! Andrew helped me change Oliver and carry him to the bed, where I nursed him. I was too sick to get up with him, so Andrew did. He's so kind.

I called my mom to see if she could possibly take the day off because I knew I was too weak to care for my baby. My mom is so good to me. She took the day! Andrew dropped Oliver and me off there, and my mom watched Ollie so I could nap. I napped twice! When I woke up the second time at 1:30pm, I was really feeling much better.

Now, I feel completely better except for some stomach pain. Andrew thinks that's probably hunger pain because, in the last two days, I've eaten two bowls of cereal, a hard-boiled egg, some crackers, a croissant, and some carrots. I hope he's right. I'm going to try eating a meal (peanut-tofu stir fry!).

No comments: