Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Poor Oliver :(

Our little baby seems to be sick. I think it might be because I reintroduced dairy into my diet a couple of days ago. Dang it.

Oliver's doctor disagreed with the doctors at Children's Hospital. He said he's never seen an allergy so severe to cause blood in a baby's diaper. He told me I could cut out dairy for two weeks and then try reintroducing it to see what happens.

This is the first night in about 9 weeks where he didn't go to sleep. It took an hour and a half for him to fall asleep, and during that time, he kept spitting up. He spit up so much...

I'm trying not to be mad at myself, but I am. Why did I try to reintroduce dairy? I was worried about my protein intake, but, deep down, I just knew he was allergic to it
. I should have gone with that gut instinct. Because I didn't, Ollie's throwing up and feeling yucky.

I don't think it's a virus because he has no fever and no other symptoms. Actually, he was in a good mood all night, even when he was spewing all over us.

Stupid dairy.

No comments: