Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pinterest Challenge Day 19: Grain-Free Mudslide Fudge Cookies

I procrastinated today. At 5pm, which is getting late in our house, I asked my husband to "quick, find me a pin I can whip up tonight!" He chose these five-ingredient, grain-free, mudslide fudge cookies that I'd pinned because we had everything on hand:
http://pinterest.com/pin/216383957066214118/

I used raw honey and dark chocolate cocoa powder because that's what was in the house. They were so fast to make. From start to finish, they were done in 10 minutes. I pulled them out of the oven, and they looked beautifully dark:


Oooh, you can just tell how they taste by looking at them, can't you? Dark chocolate lovers, indulge! These came out tasting dark and oh-so-good. My husband commented that they tasted unlike anything he's ever had before and described them as "meringue meets cake."

This is the kind of recipe I'll keep on hand to quick whip up at night to fill a chocolate fix. Plus, they're not so bad for you, right?

1 comment:

Leah said...

ooh yours came out good! i used one too many egg whites and they came out too runny, whoops. i will have to measure correct next time! I also read that you can sub in peppermint oil for the vanilla to make dark chocolate thin mints...yummy!!