Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pinterest Challenge Day 29: 3-Ingredient Nutella Cookies

Dear husband,
I'm sorry I used the last of your Nutella. I thought I'd surprise you when you came home to some delicious, 3-ingredient Nutella cookies. I was wrong.
Love,
Your wife

Unfortunately, my last Pinterest Challenge post is a complete flop. It called for 1 cup of Nutella, 1 cup of sugar, and an egg. It looked fool-proof:
http://pinterest.com/pin/216383957066261836/

I've actually made these 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies in the past that turned out pretty tasty. They weren't quite as good as regular peanut butter cookies, but the ease of execution made up for it. I assumed the Nutella cookies would be the same.

No. They weren't just not as good as I'd hoped. They were bad. They were so sweet that my teeth ached from eating them. They were as chewy as toffee and got stuck in my teeth. I felt like I needed to scrape my tongue after eating them. I couldn't even taste Nutella through the grossness, and they didn't even look pretty:

I hear by name these 3 ingredient Nutella cookies the worst cookie of all time. I don't even know what to do with them. There's no way I'll eat another. Andrew's coworkers think I'm the greatest cookie baker since Ruth Wakefield, so I can't tarnish my reputation by having Andrew bring these abominations to work. So, I guess they're going in the garbage. What a waste of Nutella :(

Next time I think a Nutella cookie sounds good, I'll make peanut butter cookies and sandwich some Nutella between two to make a cookie sandwich.

Well, these Nutella abominations mark the end of my Pinterest Challenge. I had loads of fun completing these. It gave me something to look forward to every day. I'll likely continue posting some of my completed pins as I get around to them, but they're bound to be a lot less frequent. I hope you enjoyed this series and will try some of these pins--just stay away from the Nutella cookies.

Edit: Husband responded to the news about his Nutella with this gif.

No comments: